The cornerstone of Ron Rhoads Auctioneers policy is to be forthcoming with all of our clients and customers. As a general rule all items are sold as is, without exception. In this cataloged auction for a period of ten days we forgo this policy under the following terms and conditions:
1 Changes in descriptions and or addendums announced at time of the auction take precedence over descriptions in the catalog
2. Any representation or statement in catalog or publications or in condition reports as to the authorship, origin, date, age, attribution, genuineness, provenance, condition, of any lot is opinion only. Catalog illustrations are for guidance only, and cannot be relied upon to reveal correctness of color .
3. Any discrepancies as to the authenticity of an artist's work must be determined by and placed into writing by experts on said artist. Items returned must be received no later then ten days following the auction without exception. Refunds are made for the purchase price only.
4. The auctioneer reserves the right to reject any bid(s) should he decides that any opening bid or advance bid is below fair market value or not in the best interest to the consignor.
5. Your bid is your contract to buy. The highest bidder is the buyer. Once an item has been purchased it is the responsibility of the buyer. Ron Rhoads Auctioneer is not liable for damage, lost or stolen items. Please be sure to inspect all items carefully prior to bidding.
6. We reserve the right to withdraw any property from the auction before the sale and except no liability for this action.
7. Disputes shall be settled at the discretion of the auctioneer. The Auctioneer has the final decision.
8. Along with your registration, you are agreeing to all the above terms of sale.
The property in a Lot shall not pass to the purchaser until the item is paidin full. Credit Cards will be accepted. Payment by personal check must be verified with letter of Credit or by Ron Rhoads Auctioneer prior Day of Auction There will be a 15% Buyers Premium added to all purchases, 20% on Internet
Glossary of Terms for Paintings
Name of Artist with forename and surname: indicates that in our opinion, the work was done by that artist. These works alone are covered by 10 day guarantee.
Attributed to:In our opinion the work was likely to be done by the named artist.
School:proceeded by the name of a place and followed by a date, suggests that we believe that this work was rendered in that location during the period indicated.
Signature:The artists signature is transcribed in print as it appears on the work.